Call for Entries: 2019 emerging firm award
The AIA Northwest and Pacific Region (NW+PR) 2019 Emerging Firm Award seeks to recognize new practices that are challenging traditional perceptions and methods of architecture.
The Emerging Firm award will be presented during the Honors and Awards program on September 19, 2019 in Bozeman, Montana as part of the AIA Montana 2019 Annual Fall Conference.
Emerging Firm Award Eligibility Criteria:
• Firms must have been in practice ten years or less (July 26, 2009 or later).
• At least one partner or principal shall be an Emerging Professional as defined by AIA. (Emerging Professionals are defined as students, recent graduates and architects licensed less than 10 years.)
• Primary firm office must be located within the AIA Northwest and Pacific Region.
• The Principal(s) submitting for the award must be members in good standing with the AIA and their assigned chapter within the AIA Northwest and Pacific Region.
• Firm supports staff membership in the AIA.
• Firms that have won the award in the past or have previously won the National AIA Firm Award are ineligible.
goCstudio receives 2018 emerging firm award
November 20, 2018
The AIA Northwest and Pacific Region (NW+PR) recognized goCstudio, Seattle, Washington. The Emerging Firm Award seeks to recognize new practices that are challenging traditional perceptions and methods of architecture. Firms must be in practice for 10 years or less. The award was presented during an Honors and Awards presentation on November 15 at the Bishop Museum in Honolulu, Hawaii.
goCstudio is a Seattle based architecture studio founded in 2012 by Jon Gentry and Aimée O’Carroll. Their work is driven by the unique opportunities and constraints of site specific projects, which evolve through close relationships with clients, artists, and craftsmen. Close ties to a diverse design community help foster an interdisciplinary and collaborative process.
there were no awards given in the
2017 emerging firm awards
MW|Works Receives 2016 Emerging Firm Award
mw|works is a small, collaborative design studio based in Washington State. Their work is rooted in the region, every project informed by the unique character of this landscape and expressive of our region’s strong legacy of craft. A collaborative approach that began as a necessary process to elevate even the smallest budget became the cornerstone of how they approach innovation and exibility on every project to carry out a strong design vision. Their work today remains committed to that standard, providing thoughtful and compelling design solutions and a high level of service to projects of all scopes and budgets.